JOIN A FAMILY GROUP CAMPOUT AT SUNSET STATE BEACH
3-day car camping trip
Families who love to camp or are new to camping!
Chill & fun
1.5 hours from SF
June 20 - 22, 2021 (Sunday - Monday)
Welcome at camp, but not on the beach
$549 $349 per family (includes group campsite reservation, private cooking classes & all meals, wilderness training & family-friendly activities!)
LEAVE SF BY NOON & GRAB LUNCH AT LINDA'S SEABREEZE CAFE
- Diners love their eggs benedict & brunch menu. It's CASH ONLY!
- Located at 542 Seabright Avenue in Santa Cruz
- Open Sunday | 8 AM - 1 PM
LAST PIT STOP · BP - 795 Rio Del Mar Blvd in Aptos
2 PM - CHECK IN AT SUNSET STATE BEACH GROUP CAMPGROUND
- Set up camp, meet other families, walk along the beach & relax
3PM - WELCOME & OPENING GAMES
4 PM - INTRO TO CAMPING SESSION
- Offered by the lovely team at Bay Area Wilderness Training
- Learn the ins and outs of how to enjoy sleeping in the outdoors!
5:30 PM - CAMPING COOKING CLASS WITH ALLISON NOYER
- We'll provide all of the ingredients while personal chef Allison Noyer demonstrates how to prep & cook delicious camping meals for the entire family. Bring your own cooking setup & we'll help you level up!
7 PM - DINNER, STORY TIME & S'MORES
- Enjoy a dinner, s'mores & an evening of stargazing
7 - 9 AM - COOK UP BREKKIE
- We'll have all the ingredients for a breakfast buffet
10 AM - GROUP HIKE ALONG THE BEACH
- A flat, easy stroll down by the sand dunes. We'll have a special activity in store for kids too!
NOON - LUNCH COOKING CLASS WITH ALLISON
- A 30-minute, hands-on cooking demonstration where Allison show us her best tips & tricks for prepping lunch
1 PM - SCAVENGER HUNT FOR KIDDOS
2 PM - ARTS & CRAFTS
3 PM - BEACH BREAK
- Spend the afternoon relaxing & playing by the beach
5:30 PM - COOKING CLASS WITH ALLISON
7 PM - DINNER, DESSERT & STARGAZING
- Hangout by the campfire & soak up your last night at Sunset State Beach!
8 - 10 AM - COOK UP BREKKIE
10 AM - GROUP GOODBYES
PACK UP & CHECK OUT BEFORE NOON
- Clean up around camp and throw away any random pieces of litter
SPEND THE NIGHT AT SUNSET STATE BEACH'S GROUP CAMPSITE
We reserved the only group campground at Sunset State Beach for this three-day family fun camping trip. There are picnic tables, fire pits for evening s'mores, restrooms & coin-operated hot showers available on site.
Our group campsite is tucked away beneath pine trees so there's plenty of shade & privacy for everyone, while being centrally located within Sunset State Beach (see map). It's a fun, easy way to dip your toes into family camping, and we're here to help along the way.
Check-in: After 2 PM | Check-out: 12 PM
BE THE FIRST TO KNOW
Every week, we feature unique camping trip itineraries (like this) for your friends, families & furry ones. Join our community and discover your next outdoor adventure.